Planning and Control / PMO
Our Expertise, Your Managers
In recent years we have witnessed an increasing need on the part of organizations to assign responsibility for the organization’s project planning, follow-up and control processes to an individual, office or department, with the goal of improving project management at the organization. This is usually known as the Project Management Office/r (PMO).
The functions of the PMO vary from one organization to another, as do its areas of responsibility, depending on the organization’s size, the complexity of the projects that it manages and its organizational culture.
Matan helps the organization in general, and the PMO in particular, providing them with a wide range of services, including defining the responsibilities of the PMO, the process of setting up a PMO, operating (staffing) the PMO, implementing systems that support its activity and training the staff. We also help the PMO define and integrate control processes and identify additional opportunities for improving its performance.
The main advantages of setting up a Project Management Office (PMO) are:
- Improved project performance, leading to an improvement in the organization’s ability to meet its business goals
- A high quality status overview for management and improved decision-making processes
- Support for the professional project managers and constant managerial improvement
- Long-term implementation and integration of an Enterprise Project Management (EPM) solution
Matan helps the PMO improve the following processes:
- Help in formulating a work plan and in planning and monitoring the projects’ progress
- Support for project management processes and for project managers
- Methodological development, drafting procedures and implementing best practices
- Implementation and integration of supportive tools
- Process integration as well as coaching and training relevant parties at the organization